Re: Daily driver, was: Frank, Say It Ain't So

To: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Daily driver, was: Frank, Say It Ain't So
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:13:32 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Yup, it's my only car.  I commute with a bicycle though.
Does wonders for reliability.  My car hasn't broken down in years (except
when the damn Crane ignition module died), I think that is due to regular
exercise.
It also complicates work scheduling since I don't want to disable the car
for too long.  It makes it less special to drive a Sprite since I do it
all the time - except those moments when the top comes off after a while
of "cave dwelling".
Yes I do use the top occasionally.
I bet Jeff couldn't find his if he had to...

Ulix

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Editors, Molecular Vision wrote:

> I agree that many do not use their LBCs as God intended. But, quite a few
> of us do use our spridgets as daily or semi-daily drivers. How about a head
> count? I know Ulix does, I do, are there any others?
>
> I completely agree with you otherwise. Frank helped me a lot with advice on
> brakes and eased me into lbc maintenance in general. I probably would still
> have the car, but I doubt that I'd have it on the road as much if not for
> Frank and a few other people of his caliber on the list. And, I know it
> would not be nearly as much fun.
>
> Jeff
>

> At 10:39 AM -0500 3/31/98, Larry and Sandi Miller wrote:
>

> > I think Frank is a little different than most of us on this list.  From what
> > I've gleaned from his posts, he appears to be the only one on this list who
> > attempts to use his LBC's like they were real cars. Most of us have real
> > cars that we rely on for the mundane chores involved with living in a modern
> > society. Most of us don't have what it takes to try and maintain our LBC(s)
> > as primary transportation.  If we did, I doubt we would have lasted near as
> > long as Frank has, I know I would be totally nuts by now. I admire him for
> > his tenacity and for his obvious love of the cars.  I truly hope he cools
> > down and reconsiders before it's too late. Without people like Frank LBC's
> > are one step closer to extinction.
> >
> > Frank
> >
> > At least keep a bugeye and buy your wife the M3 or better yet, a Boxster.
> >
> > Larry Miller (millerls@msn.com)
> > 59 Bugeye (Under Construction)
> > 60 Bugeye (Undergoing 5-Speed Transplant)
> > 78 911 SC (Faster than a Bugeye but not as much fun)
>

> Jeff Boatright        Sprite MkIII           __o_\__
> http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/

                                                           '67 Sprite