Re: Frank, Say It Ain't So

To: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Frank, Say It Ain't So
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:22:17 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank certainly has been involved in Spridgets longer than I have, and he
certainly knows more about them than I do....but count me among the weirdos
who use an LBC as a daily driver.  Here are the cars I own:  a '66
Austin-Healey 3000, currently undergoing engine surgery;  a '67
Austin-Healey 3000 that hasn't turned a wheel since the early '70s, and may
never again; a '69 Dodge Charger (original owner) currently undergoing
restoration; and a '73 Midget.  That's it.  The only car I have that I can
drive is the Midget.  Since last Thursday I have driven it over a thousand
miles, and I plan to put 700 more on this weekend going to the Charlotte
Autofair and back.   It was interesting to note the number of stalled
modern cars along I-95 last weekend as I returned to North Carolina from
Maryland.  In 40,000 miles of driving the Midget, I never had a problem
that parked me alongside the road.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 "HEALEYUM"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

----------
> From: Larry and Sandi Miller <millerls@email.msn.com>
> To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
> Subject: Frank, Say It Ain't So
> Date: Tuesday, March 31, 1998 10:39 AM
>
> I think Frank is a little different than most of us on this list.  From
what
> I've gleaned from his posts, he appears to be the only one on this list
who
> attempts to use his LBC's like they were real cars. Most of us have real
> cars that we rely on for the mundane chores involved with living in a
modern
> society. Most of us don't have what it takes to try and maintain our
LBC(s)
> as primary transportation.  If we did, I doubt we would have lasted near
as
> long as Frank has, I know I would be totally nuts by now. I admire him
for
> his tenacity and for his obvious love of the cars.  I truly hope he cools
> down and reconsiders before it's too late. Without people like Frank
LBC's