Re: 1275cc bore?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1275cc bore?
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 3 Apr 1998 13:49:58 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Les Myer wrote:
> You need to give the new pistons to the machinist so he can fit each
> individual bore to the particular piston.

Ok, I can't measure my block (don't have a bore gage), so I don't know
if/how much the block needs bored.  The shop will do that for me.  So,
they measure it, tell me how much it needs bored, and I take my block
back home.  Then I order my pistons and a week later they show up.  Do I
take just my pistons in with the block or do I put them on the rods?  Do
I put the rods on the crank?

This is all quite confusing.  Seems the machinist could just say "needs
to go .020 over" and he bores it and I order my pistons and put it
together.  Not good enough, eh?
--
        Matt Liggett
        '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG