Re: bug-i trip

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: bug-i trip
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:55:14 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "spridgets @autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I just did a 350 mile trip over the weekend.
Went 4200rpm with 5speed and 3.7 rearend.  Not sure how fast that really
was...  Highway grades slowed the car (2 people and luggage) down
condiserably but I didn't downshift.

Had no problems either, I guess this ole engine knows it will be
retired soon...

Ulix

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, David Ramsey wrote:

> Just got back from my weekend in the bay area, 70 e-mails.  Thought you all
>might like to know  500 miles and nothing broke!!!!  The tool bag stayed in
>the boot the whole trip, I think this is a first for this car.  I-80 at 75 mph
>@3800rpm all the way except on the grades when I would drop it into 4th and
>still pull 70 mph.  I only saw two other English cars, a XJ6 on the back of a
>tow truck and a XK8 passed me with his top and windows up (must have be cool
>in there),  it was real hot with the outside temp around 100F most of the time.
>               Crash

                                                           '67 Sprite