Re: Anybody know Midget values?

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Anybody know Midget values?
From: Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 11:16:47 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Funny you should ask...

I was at this site just the other day looking at Midget and Sprite
prices.  My question is why are the sprites so much more expensive?

    Thoroughbred & Classic Cars Online Price Guide
    How to use this Guide
    This guide can only give you pointers towards the value of any individual
    vehicle. There are no set rules concerning what a particular car is really
    worth or what it may actually be bought for. Many factors influence a cars
    asking price, apart from overall condition; e.g. whether it has a manual or
    auto box, or whether it is left- or right-hand drive or converted from one
    to the other. Both the registration number (an original plate, intact and
    with a car, is best.) and paperwork sold with any car are all-important,
    however. Original logbook/s, old MoT's, a creent V5 abd MoT test
certificate
    all add value, while full and unbroken service history can also be very
    price enhancing.
    Our guide prices are influenced by three areas of activity...
        First, actual results witnessed in public auction, which, except where
        cars have exceptional history and several people bid for them, tend to
        be wholesale prices. Second, some of the real amounts paid by traders
        or collectors to owners of privately advertised cars.
        Third, achieved retail prices, which take into account dealers'
        financial input in funding stock and the often considerable cost of
        carrying out work before cars on the sales list are 'of merchantable
        quality.'
    Against each entry, three prices are quoted, according to condition.

        Condition 1 to 2+ will therefore tend to be in excellent all-round
        condition but not necessarily concours winners - which may well be able
        to command and fetch more. Condition 2 to 3+ are those that are sound
        and can be used immediately, but might benefit from some cosmetic
        attentions; and Condition 3 to 4+ ('restoration projects' deserving of
        4 and 5 ratings may possibly be bought for less still) will be
        complete and running but will almost certainly require major
        restorative work.
    Prices are in Pounds Sterling (#) and U.S. Dollars ($).
    The Special Car Journal does not take responsibility for the accuracy of
the
    figures contained below. With regard to the US$ figures, these have been
    calculated using the UK values and the conversion between Pound Sterling
and
    Dollars. Values differ from market to market and it must therefor be noted
    that the US$ values are, at best, only a very rough guide to US market
    values.
    Based on exchange rate effective on July 16, 1996

    MG

  Model

Midget 1500

Year(s)  1 to 2+   1 to 2+   2 to 3+   2 to 3+   3 to 4+   3 to 4+
1974-79  #  3500   $  5425   #  2250   $ 3487   #   750   $  1162

Midget MkI/II

Year(s)  1 to 2+   1 to 2+   2 to 3+   2 to 3+   3 to 4+   3 to 4+
1961-66  #  4000   $  6200   #  2750   $ 4262   #  1250   $  1937

Midget MkIII/IV

Year(s)  1 to 2+   1 to 2+   2 to 3+   2 to 3+   3 to 4+   3 to 4+
1966-74  #  3750   $  5812   #  2500   $ 3875   #  1000   $  1550

Austin Healey

Frogeye Sprite MkI
Year(s)  1 to 2+   1 to 2+   2 to 3+   2 to 3+   3 to 4+   3 to 4+
1958-61  #  7000   $ 10850   #  5000   $ 7750   #  2500   $  3875

Sprite MkII / III
Year(s)  1 to 2+   1 to 2+   2 to 3+   2 to 3+   3 to 4+   3 to 4+
1961-66  #  5000   $  7750   #  2750   $ 4262   #  2000   $  3100

Sprite MkIV/ Sprite
Year(s)  1 to 2+   1 to 2+   2 to 3+   2 to 3+   3 to 4+   3 to 4+
1966-71  #  5500   $  8525   #  3000   $ 4650   #  2250   $  3487

Copyright ) 1996 The Special Car Journal :
:
:I just looked at a 1979 Midget--Professionally rebuilt motor, new clutch and
:pressure plate, new paint, new interior, top, etc--really looks good.  Body
:Panels all look straight.  Weber carbs.  Can anybody tell me a ball park value
:on this one?  I need to know quickly.  The guy is asking $3800.  Thanks guys.
:
:----David
:   Already have a 1967 Sprite MKIV, Vicky. Under restoraton.
:

--
Ron Madurski
rmadursk@galstar.com