Re: Anybody know Midget values?

To: rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com
Subject: Re: Anybody know Midget values?
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 22:27:17 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 8/14/98 12:52:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com writes:

<< spridgets@autox.team.net >>

Thanks to all of you guys who responded to my question about the value of the
1979 Midget 1500.  Sure did help to give me more confidence in talking a deal.
I ended up buying the car for $3250.  Seemed like a good price to me looking
at the car overall--very clean and spiffy with lots of new stuff.  During the
test drive the car started right up--has a miss in the motor, and on pressing
the accelerator quickly, the engine bogs and backfires--I surmised timing.
Seemed sluggish on acceleration, which too could be the timing, I am hoping.
Exhaust pipe rattles against frame or body--needs attention.  Motor sounds
very tight.  A little grind going into 2nd gear either way, up or down, while
moving--Is there any adjustment here?

So here I go again!!!!

--David
   '67 Sprite MKIV, aka, Vickey