Re: Anybody know Midget values?

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Anybody know Midget values?
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 23:48:46 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dave,
I'd be willing to bet that that "bog" and "sluggishness" is associated with
the Weber.  It just sounds too close to my previous situation.  I had the
DOCE on my 948 unmolested (non-worked-head, non-hot-cammed) 948 and it was
sheer misery.  I bought the car with the Weber on (at least it looked and
sounded cool at the time).  Never did much for my confidence trying to
accelerate through a busy intersection with the car bogging down.
Additionally, the Weber sidedrafts are not compatible with vacuum advance
distributors either.

I recently traded my 40 Weber for a very nice (and original-to-the-car) pair
of 1-1/8 SU's.  Man, what a difference -- like day and night.  Smooth, easy
acceleration in all conditions.  Jacked my confidence in the car so high
that I'm woozy.  Other than my non-original spin on oil filter adapter have
I done anything so smart for the car and myself.  I've been extremely happy
with the conversion and it has helped me enjoy my summer so much more!

Jeff Church
'59 Bug