Learning channel/Speedvision LBC's

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Learning channel/Speedvision LBC's
From: Jim Rowan <jimrowan@uic.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:09:12 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Did anybody else watch the show "safe cars" on the Learning channel last
night (Thursday)?
Lostsa BC's and a few LBCs. LBC's... safe cars... is something wrong here?
They had TV ads for the Morris Minor & Austin Cambridge.
They also showed a Bugeye on the newly constructed British "high speed
expressway modeled after those in the US".
Lastly they had crash footage testing lane barriers. Most of the crashes
featured old highway patrol liveries but one showed a TR-3 crashing through
and over a barrier. Why in the world would they use a TR-3?
Owner was fed up with buying oil by the case? We LBC owners single-handedly
keep OPEC afloat
with our oil consumption. Coincidentally at the same time on Speedvision
was Legends of Motorsport:
the 1959 Alpine ralleye also featuring a Sprite. Tough choice deciding what
to watch. So many LBC's so little time.

Cheers,
Jim
60 Sprite