Re: Makin' Trouble!

To: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Makin' Trouble!
From: "V. Lambert" <lamberts@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:02:13 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Justin,

Yup, you're right -- a spridget seat is the place to be.

I passed on buying my neighbor's bugeye a few years back -- got a VW
beetle instead.
The beetle was a lots of fun (especially after I got the dual carbs) and
very reliable (parts
are available, it's easy to fix, the old ones really do float...) but I
never got over the MG
(kinda like "everyman's exotic car"?).

So I  just recently got my Midget and I am having a blast (if I had a
nickel for
every time someone said "oooh  I used to have one of those!"... you really
make lots
of acquaintances with this car) .  I have to admit that I was surprised by
the pickup
of this little guy (my second is a bit slow, but it winds out well). The
folks on this list
really figured into the decision. Not only are there parts and shops for
MGs, but
there's this whole network of people to help and encourage.  It is really
surprising...

My daily driver is a BMW and I know what you mean about snob appeal (it is
off-putting
to some people). The beemer is a super car, very safe for hauling kids and
has exceptional
engineering...  But, the top doesn't drop, it's expensive and the kids fit
in.  The Midget is
something I do for myself.

BTW, we also own a '67 Datsun 1600 and belong to the online group, but
they are not
1/10th as active as these guys!  Mind you, the Datsun is fun to drive (not
as
throaty or tight as the Midget), but parts are hard to get.

So Justin, what are you waiting for?

Cheers!
Vicky
&