Re: Makin' Trouble!

To: "Justin Cook" <justincook@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Makin' Trouble!
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:45:22 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Having owned a few of those that you list, pre-74 911, 356A, Sunbeam Alpine,
3 MGB's, MGC GT,  Morris, and many many Spridgets, the Spridget is hands
down the most fun.

Plenty of parts for all of the cars, Porsche parts are very expensive but
the quality of available parts is higher than for the English cars.

The Alpine was a superb driving car, just as tossable as a Spridget and
fairly fast with I think, a better ride quality. Of course the one I owned
was fairly new, don't remember the exact year but I owned it in 61/62,
somewhere around there.

The early 911's were good cars, very fast but you had to keep the rev's up
for it to perform, no low end torque. My 78 is not like that at all, good
response throughout the range. All 911's are tail happy, especially the
early ones. You learn early on that if you enter a corner too fast you keep
the throttle down and just start steering and hope for the best.

The 356 was a comfortable road car. Most of the early cars were under
powered but very good in the twisties.

Stock MGB's  are under powered but good road cars.

The MGC with it's long stroke 6 cylinder was a great highway cruiser. Set it
on 80/85 and just loaf along in overdrive. Pretty slow off the line and not
balanced well enough for the twisties.

The Morris was a fun car but the top end was about 45 MPH. It would not go
fast enough to toss it anywhere.

Just some of my thoughts.

Larry Miller