Re: Makin' Trouble!

To: "V. Lambert" <lamberts@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: Makin' Trouble!
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:03:33 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
V. Lambert wrote:

> My daily driver is a BMW and I know what you mean about snob appeal (it is
> off-putting
> to some people). The beemer is a super car, very safe for hauling kids and
> has exceptional
> engineering...  But, the top doesn't drop, it's expensive and the kids fit
> in.  The Midget is
> something I do for myself.

> Cheers!
> Vicky
> &
> '75 Gidget the Midget

Excuse me for asking, but what kind of BMW do you have. I have just
purchased a 82 320 and was surprised by the lack of web presence that
BMW's have. I know in looking for LBC web pages, that the MGB has more
than Midgets, but I could only find 1 picture of a 320 after an hour of
searching. I guess we are just prouder of our Spridget than the Beemer
crowd.

Just because I bought this does not mean a shift in my car interests,
but my daily driver is a 86 Lesabre and after having worked on it this
past weekend, I swore I would never own another front wheel drive car.
And as life would have it this beemer got dropped in my lap at a price I
could not refuse. Now I will have something a little more interesting to
drive on the days that top down driving doesn't seem practical.

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC
69 Sprite--->Up and running
71 Midget, sleeping peacefully indoors
73 Midget, in the process of full tear down
82 320, the newest toy