BMIHT/Registration Date

To: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: BMIHT/Registration Date
From: Brian Thornton <bthor@master.adams.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 07:34:43 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Doug Ingram wrote:
>If I had a car that was registered incorrectly, I would take the BMIHT
>certificate to the motor licensing office, and insist that the error be
>corrected. But hey, that's me.......

I have used my BMIHT certificates on three separate occasions to correct
registration/title discrepancies with the state of Michigan.  I owned one
of those very rare '61 Bugeye Sprites.  It is now titled correctly as a
1960.  The BMIHT certificate documented the date of manufacture.  The state
had no problem making the change.  (It must be the official looking seal on
the certificate!)

Incidentally, I used to own a very, very, rare 1961 Austin-Healey 100-6 two
seater (100-6 model production ended in March of 1959).  It turns out that
my car was manufactured in July of 1958!  The BMIHT certificate enabled me
to sort this out as well.

Brian
AN5
AN9