Re: Gas tank pickup tube

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Gas tank pickup tube
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:33:39 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: walters@mail.softcom.net, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, William M. Gilroy wrote:

> Checking the M*ss catalogue I they list the gas tank for 71 and later
> Midgets as unavailable.  This is not good for me.  Anyone know where I
> can get a gas tank?  Figures the last piece that I need is not available.
> I will called the major suppliers tomorrow morning and see what I can
> find.  Anyone have any ideas?

Bill,
I assume that the difference in tanks is a return fitting or a vapor
fitting on that tank and that's it.  You could probably modify the new
tank to be like the old one, or hook up the tank like it was on earluier
cars (no vapor catch provision).
I am just speculationg, you should find someone who knows the difference
between tanks.

Another tip, when you get a new tank, check it out from the inside and
refuse if it has some surface rust.
Been there, didn't....should have.

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9