Re: Gas tank pickup tube

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Gas tank pickup tube
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 17:16:41 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> Just a word of warning.  If this is a used gas tank, make sure you fill it
> completely with water before getting any heat near it.  Fill it, drain it,
> fill it again, drain it, and keep doing that until you know you won't be
> blown across the garage.  I think there is a chemical that you can use to
> neutralize the volatile fumes, but I don't know what it is.

I was thinking of doing this with a new tank.  Given my history and luck;
an open flame, a gas tank, and me is either an accident waiting to happen
or good entertainment for the neighbors.   Call me a wimp, but I am ugly
enough, I don't need an exploding gas tank enhanced face :-)

Bill Gilroy

--
William M. Gilroy
Lucent Technologies