Re: Gas tank pickup tube

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank pickup tube
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 17:00:13 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
This is what I have found out.  The tank is the same as the earlier tank
except for the vapor recovery fitting.  I asked a local MG guy what he
would do and he suggested I buy the tank without the vapor recovery and
drill a hole for the fitting and then silver solder on the correct fitting.
This is what I am going to do, unless anyone has a better suggestion.
I figure my MAPP gas torch should be hot enough.

One other thing, this morning I had a couple of extra minutes waiting
for my ride and I was playing around with my old tank.  I started to
fill it with water and when it was about 1/3 full I could hear the bubbles
formed from blowing air into the fuel pickup fitting.  I guess I never
had less than 1/3 tank of gas in the car.  I figure that was a side
effect of no gas gauge and no odometer or trip meter.

Thanks,

Bill
--
William M. Gilroy