Re: MGF's

To: Doug Ingram <dougi@home.com>
Subject: Re: MGF's
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 12:50:47 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Doug Ingram wrote:

> Hmmmm....... how do you define a British car? Is a new Jaguar British just
> because it is built in Britain, even though it is owned by a (predominantly)
> American company? If Mazda opened a factory in Britain and started turning
> out Miatas, would they be British? If the Morgan family sold their business
> to me, and I moved production to Canada, would the cars I built be British?
>
> This whole economic globalization thing really does blur our concepts.

What about Ford Populars, Anglias, and all the other English Fords?
Now my Ford Pick up was built in Toronto Canada, is it American or
Canadian?
Or is it a Jaguar?
I would say that since Jaguar is a British originated company, it would
be considered a Brit car.
Where ever Toyotas are made, they are still Japanese cars.
BMW is still German, VW used to be but I call them Mexican cars now that
there are 2 in my drive way and they are about as well built as my
Mexican made Briggs and Straton lawn mower engine. (plastic throw away
cars)
I think very soon all the cars should be called "Made on Earth" since no
car has all it's parts from the same country anymore.

Which brings up my pet peeve.... If we keep accepting the garbage these
manufacturers are stuffing down our throats, what will the cars of the
year 2010 be like? Hefty bags with wheels? I often wonder about this
when my son backs his VW out of the driveway and the whole front bumper
falls off. He just lines it up and kicks it back on the little plastic
clips and hopes for the best. He losses body mouldings weekly, they just
fall off on the road. Again plastic held on with plastic and 10 years
old now.

Thanks for letting me vent, again.
--
Frank Clarici