Midget packing, camping, Ford Excursion, and NJ inspection

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget packing, camping, Ford Excursion, and NJ inspection
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:38:58 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Having read several posts, I am not certain if this was accurate or just
pure speculation.

    Can you fit a Spridget in the new Ford Excursion?

On another topic... a relative just took a car for inspection at a NJ
station, and noted with dismay that the old system of visual checking by the
attendants is a thing of the past.  There is now a computerized regimen,
partly automated, that takes nearly 20 minutes per car.  Does anyone know if
the inspection is more rigorous, or just longer?

Also, if this is truly going to be a big hurdle for my little smog machine,
would it be better to simply get QQ (antique) plates?  What are the
restrictions associated with an antique car registration?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com