RE: Midget packing, camping, Ford Excursion, and NJ inspection

To: "'Charles D. Sorkin'" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Midget packing, camping, Ford Excursion, and NJ inspection
From: Phil Vanner <philv@pclink.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:19:18 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
As for the Excursion, it is truly vast, but the interior seemed too full of
carpeted comfort features, cupholder racks and child-amusement gizmos to get a
Spridget in there. There IS more space behind the third seat then there is in
my wife's Mazda MPV with the seats removed. It's monstrous, huge. Really  - it
has a gravitational field strong enough to affect tides.

Now the new Focus, was pretty appalling. more cheap plastic in the interior
than in a rubber-bumper MGB.

Check closely with your state regarding use of antique or collector plates, not
only does it vary by state, some laws are pretty vague, and in the end it's the
way it's enforced that matters. If I remember correctly, Frank mentioned that
in the summer, in parts of Jersey they rotate which club sponsors "cruise
night" each weekend. Which might mean that you can drive your car a lot, but if
they have to go through the trouble, it might mean enforcement is pretty
strict.

Here in Minnesota, enforcement of collector car restrictions is pretty much
nonexistent, it's your insurance company that matters more than the police.

Phil Vanner