Re: Midget packing, camping, Ford Excursion, and NJ inspection

To: Phil Vanner <philv@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: Midget packing, camping, Ford Excursion, and NJ inspection
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:23:35 -0400
Cc: "'Charles D. Sorkin'" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Phil Vanner wrote:

> Check closely with your state regarding use of antique or collector plates,
>not
> only does it vary by state, some laws are pretty vague, and in the end it's
>the
> way it's enforced that matters. If I remember correctly, Frank mentioned that
> in the summer, in parts of Jersey they rotate which club sponsors "cruise
> night" each weekend. Which might mean that you can drive your car a lot, but
>if
> they have to go through the trouble, it might mean enforcement is pretty
> strict.

Not I nor any fellow LBCers ever had a problem in NJ with QQ plates.
Even the 2 cops in the club do not know exactly what the laws are.
(And they drive all over the place)
As a matter of fact it was a club member cop that suggested QQs on my
Sprite.
All I have to loose is inspection. (and my BUG-I tag)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

60 Bugeye Sprite (my car)
67 Sprite (wife's car)
59 Austin A40 Farina w/AC (daughters car)
71 MG Midget racer (working on it)

http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/