Re: Midget packing, camping, Ford Excursion, and NJ inspection

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget packing, camping, Ford Excursion, and NJ inspection
From: Tomsjetta@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:00:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I cannot comment on NJ inspection, but in Connecticut when I had my Midget
inspected it was driven over these "sensors" that somehow analyzed the
brakes. I failed this part; turns out one brake was working harder than the
other-I failed b/c I guess the state feared under hard braking the car would
pull to the left. A simple adjustment fixed this.

Antique plates usually require a mileage restriction of 2,000 to 2,500 miles
a year. Since I've driven 400 miles on my Midget and I just bought the car a
month ago, I'm not going that route.

Good luck,
Tom
'78 Midget