Re: MSRP (no LBC content)

To: "Richard Shipman" <mbelect@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: MSRP (no LBC content)
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 20:27:16 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Last time I checked, the mark-up on parts for our LBC's was over 50%.
Lawyers bill their Legal Assistant's time at full rate ($150 to $200 per
hour) and pay them $20 per hour.  McDonnalds pays under 11 cents for a 32oz.
drink and retails it for $1.29.  Water is free out of the frigging ground
for gods sake, and sells for a dollar for 16 oz.  Heck, even the s**t out of
the back of a cow is sold to fertilize gardens.  Please.  Car sales is one
of the most regulated, investigated, researched, competitive businesses out
there.  Dealers spend 4 to 5 MILLION dollars to build a facility, and then
tie up an average of $30 million in inventory.   They have a right to a
profit.  While I have great empathy for the vicitims of Floyd, it will only
be a few months before all those flooded cars start winding up for sale on
the open market.  An honest, profitable dealership will have nothing to do
with a flood recovered vehicle.  But your average Joe Shmoe will be out
ripping off his neighbor.  So who again is the scum sucker?
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon