1500 SU Carb Conversion

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 SU Carb Conversion
From: Christian Stanton <cstanton@pixley.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:37:24 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a '78 Midget 1500 and a set of HS4 carbs rebuilt from a '70B, I am
itching to get ZS off and put the 'real' spec carbs back on.  My questions are
thus:

What years Spitfire (uh-oh, wrong crowd) still used the 1500 with dual SU's?
I think the later 1500 models still retained the SU's in non-North American
versions, was the Midget and Spit manifold the same?
Does the Spit manifold leave enough clearance with the inner wing/air cleaner?

Standing here with two SU's in his hands and an evil look in his eye.
Christian