Re: 1500 SU Carb Conversion

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, Christian Stanton <cstanton@pixley.com>, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 SU Carb Conversion
From: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:47:24 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry,

You are correct. The European setup was the twin
system. The us spec spits had the single ZS since 75
if I recollect correctly. I just bought a 75 spit
engine for my midget and it has the ZS...of course I
DO have the dual setup ready and willing...:o))

The manifolds were a little different between the
spits and the Midgets but I think it was neglegible.
you will find that the stock air filter will not fit
under the bonnet though...you will end up going to an
aftermarket filter like K&N.

I would guess that it's difficult to stand and type
but mor difficult because he is also holding a dual
set of SUs at the same time! :o)))))

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.