Re: 1500 SU Carb Conversion

To: "Christian Stanton" <cstanton@pixley.com>, "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 SU Carb Conversion
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:59:21 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
ISn't it uncomfortable to stand and type at the computer?? I find that it
is.

Larry (Sits infront of a computer all day - stands at the server
keyboards sometimes)

As far as the SU's go I beleive all te non- US spec Midgets had twin
SU's, and the Spits went to a single ZS about 76. But I could be
incorrect, but not wrong.

At this exact moment in time 9/24/99 13:37, cstanton@pixley.com made the
profound statement:

>I have a '78 Midget 1500 and a set of HS4 carbs rebuilt from a '70B, I am
>itching to get ZS off and put the 'real' spec carbs back on.  My questions
>are thus:
>
>What years Spitfire (uh-oh, wrong crowd) still used the 1500 with dual SU's?
>I think the later 1500 models still retained the SU's in non-North
>American versions, was the Midget and Spit manifold the same?
>Does the Spit manifold leave enough clearance with the inner wing/air
>cleaner?
>
>Standing here with two SU's in his hands and an evil look in his eye.
>Christian

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up