Re: Supertrapp

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Supertrapp
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 22:51:27 -0400
Cc: Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have to wonder if the Supertrapp is the flavor of the week.  Trying
not to offend people that have them and love them, but I have to
wonder how well they work.  Not knowing anything about them (how's that
for an informed opinion) this is what I wonder.  Is the current
appeal and claims about the Supertrapp based on some real experimentation
or that it is the accessory to have this week.  Sort of like the guy
who spends 2K on his car stereo and swears up and down that it sounds
better than any stereo cost less.  By that I mean it is cool and I am
listening with my wallet.  Once I ate dinner with a guy who sprung for a
$300 bottle of red wine.  He swore that it better than the $35-40 dollar
bottle that we had been drinking before.  I couldn't taste a difference
that would warrant $270, but he swore it was a much superior bottle of
wine.  Maybe it was and I am an oaf, or maybe he tastes with his wallet.
Oh yeah, it was cool to order that bottle (he want to impress the other
people at the table).  I guess my point is this, is the Supertrapp
a better muffler, or is it the flavor of the week.  I guess I would
have to have lots of faith in the person reporting on the supertrapp,
but I am a bit of a cynic.  Sorry for the length of the post and lack
of qualified opinions on the supertrapp.  I hope I have made myself clear.

Bill "The cynic" Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei