Re: my muffler experience

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, justincook@yahoo.com, macleans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: my muffler experience
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:51:45 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/21/1999 7:55:00 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Lancer7676@aol.com writes:

> Back in the '50's guys wouldn't complain at all at the sound of a muffler
>  after the fiberglass was burnt out, in fact it was common to cut a muffler
>  open, pull the fiberglass out, and reweld the muffler for that "great
sound"!

>   It was called a "Gutted Muffler

Guys I knew would pour gasoline inside and throw a match in it. NOT A
RECCOMENDED PROCEDURE!!!  It was supposed to burn out the fiberglass and not
leave any evidence of tampering with the muffler.

Sounds like early Goddard rocket experiments to me.......

Robert Houston