Re: OK, JOKES OVER!!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OK, JOKES OVER!!!
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:13:41 -0800 (PST)
I confess.  I did it.  I brought down the bad weather for others by enjoying
our good weather too much.

When I got home for lunch today, the sun was out, the sky was blue.... I
parked the Volvo way to the side of the driveway to leave room to back the
Bugeye out of the garage.  Opening the garage door with hushed anticipation,
I gazed over the newly paneled interior (thanks Frank C.)and my heart began
to thump in my chest.  Slowly I unzipped the tonneau cover, opening the
snaps one by one.  Gently I rolled it up and set it aside.  This ride was to
be TOTALLY open.  The little silver key, now dangling alone on a separate
little ring (thanks Rick W.) teased and begged to be turned. NO! First a
gently but firm pull of the choke to just the right spot and a short tug on
the starter to stir the blood in its veins.  Now grasping the key between my
trembling fingers, I turned it.  The little red light told me now was the
moment... and I pulled the starter button.  The red light was overcome by
the rush of energy pouring from the alternator (Frank C.) as the engine
started on the second rotation (thanks PO).  I let out the breath I didn't
realize I had been holding and eased in the choke. A smooth and steady idle
purred beneath the hood (Crane Cams) and sent a vibration up my spine (bad
motor mounts). My breath now was coming in ragged gasps as I...

Oops! coffee water is hot, gotta go now.
                              Regards, Glen Byrns