Re: More electrical

To: wmgilroy@lucent.com
Subject: Re: More electrical
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:09:29 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/3/00 11:50:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:

<< > When I was replacing the fuse block, I noticed a small metal can on the
 > firewall.  It looks like a solenoid.  It is mounted above the fuse block,
 > next to the bonnet hinge.  There are six terminals on the bottom,
 > representing four circuits.  (That is, four of the terminals are connected
 > into two circuits electrically.)  There are NO wires on this thing at all!
 > So the DPO replaced it with something else.  There are no markings on the
 > device except a clean spot where the label used to be.

 Allen,

 I checked my 77 Midget and I found a spot on firewall where something used
 to be located.  It was right next to the hinge and it was rectangular in
shape
 with slightly rounded corners. I can see the wear and rust outline on the
 firewall.  What ever it was, it is gone now.  Has anybody given you an
 idea what it might be?  Has anyone else with a 77 checked their firewall? >>

That's the thing!  I have the thing, but have no idea what it is.  It is
pretty well corroded and the label is gone.  I wonder how much I could get
for this ORIGINAL BRITISH CAR PART on eBay (Your Personal Trading Community).

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport