Re: More electrical

To: ckotting@iwaynet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More electrical
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:13:22 EDT
This is probably the most accurate explanation yet!!!  ROFLMAO!!!

Allen

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ckotting@iwaynet.net writes:

<< Conversation on BL assembly line, circa 1977:

 Wot th'ell are >these<, then?

 Wot?

 These funny litl can thins wot got the 6 prongs out the bot'm?

 Bloody 'Ell, I dunno!  I'll tel you wot, tho!  We'll put 'em on these
 Midgets wot are 'eaded for the States!  Grab a bun'le of scrap wire,
 stick it on 'ere, doll it up wi' some loom tape, an' i' loks like
 i'b'longs 'ere.

 But wot's it DO?

 No'a bluudy thing, 'cept drive some poor Yank right 'roun th bend 20
 years from now!

 <grin>

 Chris Kotting
 ckotting@iwaynet.net

 Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

 > Like I said, it may be some kind of solenoid or relay for the wiper motor?
 > You have one, and it isn't connected either?  Does anybody have a 1500
Midget
 > in concours condition?  Are there any concours judges out there who may
know
 > what the hel..heck it is?
 >
 > Maybe it's like your appendix.  Not really necessary for proper operation
of
 > the car.  A vestigial item left over from the Austin Healey ancestors!
 >
 > Allen Hefner
 > SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
 > '77 Midget
 > '92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

 > In a message dated 4/4/00 3:24:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
 > wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:
 >
 > << I have the same thing as Allen but there does not seem to be a place
 >  in the loom that would connect to anything in the area.

Bentley