Re: More electrical

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, wmgilroy@lucent.com
Subject: Re: More electrical
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 11:25:06 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Allen,

I don't have any more info at this time. I was investigating what this
could be by examining the wiring illustrations in the Midget 1500 Bentley
manual. It clearly shows this and it's location in the wire loom but I too
am unable to find it in the wiring diagrams. So far I can't find any other
references to it in the book will will looks some more when I have time.
Maybe Perter C. knows...

I will check for the brown/white wire too, but typically brown is related
to power supply (plus on a negative ground car).

Gerard

At 10:09 AM -0400 4/4/00, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/4/00 12:45:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:
>
><< Bill,
>
> It's the battery cut-off relay. Your harness _should_ branch near the
> original fuse block to connect to it.
>
> Gerard >>
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>Please extrapolate.  What is a battery cut-off relay, and why isn't it in the
>wiring diagram if it is original to the car?  What does it do?  Maybe that's
>where the brown/white wire is supposed to go.  (Which isn't in the wiring
>diagram either.)
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
>'77 Midget