Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:49:45 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff,

I can pull up actual incidents throughout the US. The
largest amout of press that these may have gotten was
the "Police Beat" section somewhere in the back of a
newspaper.
I'm stating simple facts. I'm not going to get into a
pissing match with anyone over this. The gun issue is
a very volitile issue in the US and...like I said
before...Out of respect for those that don't share the
same feeling, I cut my email short. We all have our
own views and having arested a few people in my past,
I have my own thoughts. If you want some instances,
I'll be happy to find some for you. as far as me
carrying every instance in my head...I'm not THAT much
of a Nerd.

Dan
--- Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu> wrote:
> OK, Dan, surprise us. How about some real data on
> either subject:
>
> (1) How many successful uses of a firearm for
> personal defense occur
> in your city/county/state/country (any one will do)
> in the past
> year/decade/century (any one will do)?
>
> (2) How many times did these go unreported in the
> press?
>
> Educate us.
>
> At 11:31 AM -0700 7/12/00, Dan Dwelley wrote:
> >Actually, you would be surprised at the number of
> >successful uses of a firearm for personal defense.
> The
> >main reason you don't hear about them is because
> the
> >newspapers don't print them. Why...the newspapers
> are
> >generally anti gun and aren't about to give equal
> >press to these stories.

> Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
> Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA,
> USA
> Senior Editor, Molecular Vision,
> http://www.molvis.org/molvis
> mailto:jboatri@emory.edu