Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:11:26 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Okay guys I'll have to throw in my 2 cents on this.

I am both a hunter and collector and between the anti hunting/
anti gun groups I feel threatened.  When the founding fathers
wrote the 2nd Amendment they meant that the citizens be armed
period.  Read the papers written after they signed and they all
explain that the citizens needed to be armed for self protection
not only from they criminal element but from the government being
created (state and federal).

Unfortunately, I live in a state where the Governor and Lt.
Governor are both anti gun and have deemed it their mission to
disarm the people as much as possible.  Last year there was a
proposal to require all people who owned more than 10 firearms to
be declared an arsenal and would have to be licensed as such and
keep the guns in an 'approved safe'.  As I said I am also a
collector.  I collect boy's single shot 22 rifles.  My collection
is well into the six figures and I would have been an arsenal
many many times over.  My hunting guns number more than ten!
All of my guns are secured, alarmed, and insured BUT by making me
register them (requirement of an arsenal) it would make the
citizens of this &%$#@ *^&% state safer.  Right.   My registering
and paying yearly arsenal fees protect the people!

We have a mandatory (oxymoron in this state) 5 year sentence law
for those who commit crimes with a firearm yet only 5 were
convicted last year and then their sentences were concurrently
applied to their other sentencing.  DA's say its a waste to
convict so they don't even persue the issue even in shooting
cases!  So much for punishing law breakers, its easier to go
after those who don't!

People kill people.  Guns are just the weapon of choice.  Yes
they make it easier but if someone wants to kill someone they
will.  One last thought,  How many people are killed by autos
versus guns each year?  How many people are killed in home
'accidents' each year?  Hint more than by guns!  Enough
said..........no more comment.

Biff Jones
Pasadena, MD
'59 Bugeye, "Kermit'