Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <mlawyer@starpower.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:20:24 -0400
Talk about nibbling. In Toronto we have traffic calming - ie
outlaw the automobile.

Major portions of main streets being reserved or walled off for
bicycles, streetcars or buses. Residential streets blocked off or
obstructed with tree planters and speed bumps. One week of
construction always takes all summer. A minor accident and the
road is closed for a day. They are talking about removing
expressways and making downtown car free.

Road rage occurs best when you are traffic jammed for no good
reason. To boot there now is a new media/gov't campaign against
the newest undesirable social group - aggressive (efficient?)
drivers, but incompetence (ie -driving below the speed limit in
the left lane) is enshrined in law and culture. Solution? As often
as I can, I drive my 110 HP six cylinder two wheel Honda CBX
equipped with the meanest but legal 6 into one exhaust. It slices
effortlessly thru Toronto's endless traffic jams and makes great
noises shifting up and down between those speed bumps. And you can
park it almost anywhere.

My residential street got one of those real looking one way signs
that limits turns certain hours. You have to stop on the main
street before turning and read the fine print. Out of habit my
wife came home illegally one day and payed the $110. On another
nearby main intersection they just put up a no right turn on red
sign. I caught that one for $110. The cop said he was patrolling
this sign because of neighbourhood 'pressure'.

Funny when I called in to report a glue sniffer sitting at our
7-11, they said they didn't have the budget to handle these kinds
of calls. Similar to when my car was broken into.

Mike L.
60A,67E,59Bug