Re: Storing and Cataloging

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Storing and Cataloging
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:18:27 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David,
A good start is to get sturdy boxes that are all the same size and catalogue
what
is contained in each box.
Make 2 copies of the contents of contents of each box. Attach one copy to the
box
and keep the others together for quick reference.

Boxes that are the same size can be easily and safely stacked. You can purchase
such boxes from a moving company, or even for free from someone who has just
completed a move, or you can purchase "file boxes" from an office supply
company.
If you purchase "file boxes" make sure that you buy the heavy duty ones.

Regardless of how parts are stored, used parts are best stored completely
degreased. And obviously larger parts cannot be stored in boxes.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT