Re: Storing and Cataloging

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Storing and Cataloging
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:42:36 EDT
Speaking of stocking shelves--Anybody come up with an interesting, effective,
and/or unique way of storing all those new and/or used parts so you can find
them again?...
   When I strip a car for restoration, I have a room,  10x20, just 7 feet
high with exposed rafters to the side of my shop for storing  parts  awaiting
reconditioning,   received parts and  parts which have been
restored/reconditioned. The room has an outline of the car painted on the
walls, floor and overhead, and lots of hooks, hanging wires, nails and velcro
straps plus lots of bulldog clips for hanging photos, drawings, part numbers
of pieces on order, and envelopes filled with fasteners. I simply attach
parts in their relative location, and don;t have to dig thru piles or boxes
of parts during the process. When I was doing 2 cars at the same time, I used
a bottle of  marker paint to id all the parts on the red car.   Mark Childers
  Union Jack Spares & Repairs Virginia Beach Virginia