Re: My Midget runs, sort of

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, davidr@sunset.net, wmgilroy@lucent.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Midget runs, sort of
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:36:41 EDT
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< Actually, it's just the opposite. The vacuum is setting it to 2 degrees
 ATDC and goes away when the RPM increases, but 10 degress BTDC is correct
 without vacuum. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let's think about this.  (I'm NOT an expert, I just like to sound like one.
I may still be incorrect.)

Lets say you set the timing with a timing light whilst the engine is running
and the vacuum line is removed and plugged, at 10 deg BTDC.  Then you
reconnect the vacuum hose.  The vacuum is going to advance the timing.  When
you advance the timing, it moves further toward Before Top Dead Center.  It
advances, or fires earlier.  (At least, that's how it works in my car.)

Correct?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget