Clutch

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:47:44 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
On the way to work this morning I had some clutch trouble in the Bugeye.

When depressed for shifting, the pedal would hang when I let it up. It would
stick for a second or two, then slowly come up. I don't think it was
catching on anything on the floor.

It never did it taking off in 1st, only when shifting and it did not do it
every time. Sitting at a light, I pressed and released it numerous times and
it was ok. This was of course with the tranny in neutral.

I have the Datsun 5-speed using the Datsun clutch and pressure plate and a
Bugeye slave cylinder with the adjustable rod.

Any ideas?

Larry Miller
'59 Bugeye
http://www.ado13.com