Re: "Concours" Restoration

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: "Concours" Restoration
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 21:59:16 -0400
Cc: davidr@sunset.net, Bushwacker4@prodigy.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

>  I would rather see concours cars with patina.

I am with Daniel on this.
A 1275 in a Bugeye is NOT concours.
An unrestored well maintained original car is more concours than an over
restored armour-all dripping plastic wrapped cars.

Case in point, Biffs MKII. It is unrestored, looks perfect and gets my
vote over the over restored over armour alled cars.
I was (may still be) on the Sprite concours committee, I do not judge
because I would rip a car apart knowing the cotter pins never all faced
the same direction and armour all was not invented in 1960! Shiny tires
were seen on the big trucks and they used diesel fuel.

My rant is done.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ