Re: Internet Car Ads was Re: Bugeye F/S

To: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Internet Car Ads was Re: Bugeye F/S
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 02:38:56 EST
I too found my 59 Bugeye thru the internet. Add was for several bugeyes! in
classified add on PDLJMPR website. We exchanged questions & info by email.
Cars were located less than a hour from me in San Diego, so went down for
look on a Saturday morning. Cars were as advertised, 1 running restored
Bugeye, 1 with a rotary engine needing a restoration, and 1 shell with all
the parts in boxes. Of course, being an optimist (and/or masochist) I chose
the shell - if I was going to rebuild a Bugeye it would have my mistakes not
someone elses! Recognizing someone else with the fatal LBC disease, the
seller threw in a 63 Sprite parts car he had just picked up and delivered
everything himself the next weekend. All in all a good experience.

Since then I have bought a number of parts over the internet with generally
good results.

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano
59 Bugeye (on the road this Summer - still the optimist)