Re: Burning issue.

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Burning issue.
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:32:00 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike Maclean wrote:

> I'm at wit's end over this starter pull cable.

Mike, you don't have one of those repro solenoids do you?
One with the white plastic end?

I have not heard of any problems with them other then the color being
wrong but maybe you have a short inside the solenoid and it travels up
the cable.

Another thing to check is if the cable sheath is touching any brown
wires under the dash or as it comes out of the firewall.

Is the battery connections tight? (I know stupid question but I have
"overlooked" some stupid things more then once.)

For a tempory fix, try insulating the cable from the solenoid.
Like try to run a heavy fishing line thru the sheath and pull it. See if
anything gets hot. If only the fitting on the solenoid gets hot, you
have a bum solenoid. If the sheath gets hot, you have a short somewhere
under the dash.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ