Re: Burning issue.

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "Bryan Vandiver" <bryan.vandiver@sun.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Burning issue.
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:46:16 -0500
You could be fooled by a continuity test, if using a multimeter
set to Rx1. That setting (or a cheap meter default) could show no
needle movement at 100 ohms and you will think , great,  no
continuity. A little jiggling or the dynamic resistance might also
create complications.

Conversely I once accepted a used brake switch because it showed
continuity at Rx1000, but it wouldn't pass enough current to lite
up the brake lites. (Used a mechanical switch till the next
flush).

Mike L.
60A,67E.59Bug