Re: Burning issue.

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Burning issue.
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 06:26:58 -0000
it's the solenoid!  the pull cable should have no current through it.  if it
were a bad ground it would heat up the throttlecable or the spedo cable or
the choke cable.   but, the starter pull cable should have no current
passing through it at all.  if it does that means the solenoid has an
internal short to the center lug that the pull cable attaches to , and the
short only makes contact when you pull the cable using the dash as it's
ground end to complete the circut.  time for a new solenoid!

chuck.