Re: Selling the Sprite...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Selling the Sprite...
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:45:28 EST
   I once dated a girl who complained that my MGB  top was letting a little
spray into the car  as we were crossing the Escambia Bay bridge in
Pensacola, in the middle of a tropical storm with 40 mph wind and horizontal
rain. The relationship was strained to say the least.....
      I told her she could get out and walk if she wanted. She said "Fine.
Let me out."  No way - I might have been a jerk, but I was a thoughtful jerk
if nothing else,  and it was really dangerous out there....  Waaalll.. the
argument escalated and the second  or third time I called her bluff and
accomodated her every desire, and screamed at her to get out and stay out....
 I was amazed that a girl who wore that much hairspray would have gotten
out....but,   I left her sorry butt on the side of the road in pouring rain,
looking like fourth  runner up in the all American Big Hair wet tee shirt
contest finals... I pulled up about a hundred yards and stopped, figuring she
might change her mind after cooling off.... first car that came by - a red
sedan - stopped and she jumped in.  I took off, and about a half mile down
the road my B started bucking and spitting.  Three girls in the big car
passed me by. They all  gave me the finger, and a half second later, the top
blew out on the B. Another minute went by and the car just died. I sat out
the storm as it  filled with water.....  like something out of the Witches of
Eastwick..
 Mark Childers