Converting a UK Frogeye to USA Bugeye

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Converting a UK Frogeye to USA Bugeye
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:17:11 -0700 (MST)
Cc: Robert.Latham@central.sun.com
I moved to Colorado last year and finally took the
plunge and decided to import my Frogeye. It arrived
yesterday via a British Airways 777 (a friend in
the business got a pallet rate cheaper than any
sea freight charges !!!).

Cleared it through customs and sadly it had to make
the last 20 miles on the back of a tow truck, after
the electrics packed up. This Frogeye eats control
boxes every 50 miles must fix it soon.

So some stupid questions

        - after it been for a pollution check it
        will be issued with Colorado plates. So what
        is the best way to attach them. The current
        nmumber plate fits snugly in a recess at the
        back and on a small plate ( no bumper) at the
        front.

        - Petrol or Gas - I have 956cc Gold seal engine
        (basically a factory rebuild of the original
        956cc). I'm inteding to add some STP lead
        subsitute to the tank what rating fuel
        works best.

        - Carbs being at 5000ft+ intending to fit some
        lean needles to its HS1 carbs, does this make
        sense.

Any other thoughts as to what needs doing - I hope it will
not need seat belts etc.

Robert