Re: A little controversy...

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Subject: Re: A little controversy...
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:48:22 -0500
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Having actually written and had a book published, I don't have to "think
so".....I "know so"!!  By the way, "copyright" refers to the written word,
not the memorized word, you dummy!  (For the record, I don't care if people
copy whole books or parts of books.  I do it myself all the time.  I just
wanted to state the rules, since I actually know them.)

Bob

>I don't think so.  If it were left to the whim of the author, they could
>write:  "Under no circumstances may anyone opening this book read and
commit
>to memory any portion of this book."  if they so desired.  I really think
the
>copyright law speaks to the "fair use" issue that Chris has spoken of.  If
>not, then here are my wrists--cuff me, copyright police!
>Surely I have transgressed your Fascist directive to not spread knowledge
and
>education amongst the young people of the world!  8^)
>
>--David C.

///