to shave or not to shave

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: to shave or not to shave
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:50:41 -0700
Any of you out there that 'shaved' off the fender beading on their bugeye?
Happy with the results, sorry you did it, wish you'd done it, why shouldn't
I do it, why should I do it?

I plan to start stripping the car this summer and primering for a late fall
repaint.  Staying stock is not a big thing to me and I can't imagine this
particular car being returned to stock in my lifetime.  After seeing John
Carey's red 'shaved' bugeye a couple of times the look grew on me.   I also
like the thought of easier washing and waxing.  I imagine that the designer
would have preferred the look if manufacturing processes would have allowed
it to be done economically at that time.  Of course by that logic I should
rig up the headlights to turn under when not in use as he originally
intended.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye