Re: to shave or not to shave

To: justbrits@home.com, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: to shave or not to shave
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 21:38:04 EDT
Geez Ed,

Get a grip!  If one wants an orig. stock restoration, then by all means split
the fenders off, clean the rust, and go for it. (put new beads back on). We
all appreciate such workmanship.

If you have a car that you want for performance, fun, looks, and to retain
the "best of British" look, then moulding the beads is not ir-reversable
either!  I draw the line at making the car very hard to put back in some
future life, but replacing the beads would require no more in most cases than
what is required to do them right from "rust original" anyway.

If you are trying to say that no Bugeye should me modified in any way, then
say so.  I'll tell you what.  Most folks who start out with that "grand idea"
are sorry when they see the profit from many of the bolt on upgrades that are
the pleasure of conservative restorers.  You trying to say we should not have
better brakes such as you have advocated in the past?

Get your stories straight!

John Carey

///