Re: to shave or not to shave

To: JustBrits <justbrits@home.com>
Subject: Re: to shave or not to shave
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 22:31:01 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
JustBrits wrote:

> <<but I was sick of the
> rust that kept coming out of the beads.>>

> A]  Knowing you:  too damned impatient to do the "nitty gritty" work that
> has to be done inorder to "stop" it.
> B]  Unwilling to do it again in 10/15 years.

I did it once, as I drove down the road the beads were coming off in 3"
chunks.
Now they don't. I like it, I even whacked off the door lock bumps and
should have let the body man take off the exterior door handles.
PIECES is just a pile of parts thrown together due to a comment made by
a friend.
It has a whole lot of personal testing going on in it.
Like the rods are #1, #2, #1, #4. 8 pushrods and lifters out of a bucket
of parts, no rhymn nor reason, Home plumbed brakes now with just a
single (67) bore brake master.
Originally this bugeyed round wheel arch RHD Spridget was thrown
together , painted and on the road for around $500. Including a new top,
interior, new rings and bearings and decent brakes. All PIECES.

I have spent many hours sanding Sprite seams, this is one I will never
have to sand again.
I am still GLAD I did it!
I know 2 others who are glad they did it too.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

///