Re: Weather report (no LBC)

To: Ankitterer@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weather report (no LBC)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:59:10 EDT
In a message dated 8/12/2001 1:23:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Ankitterer@aol.com writes:

> Ah yes, but the fields are green, the forests are lush, the cars are great
> in the Smokies.  And there is all that water to put boats on.   Well, at
> least we have water on our side of the country, but it's salty, the fields
> are golden, and the forest is mostly cactus.

True Annice and Bob!  Except for summers, this area is hard to beat, I agree.
 Even better (To me, again, to each his own) than the Smokies is Big South
Fork, where I prefer to go to backpack and hike.  The lure there is the utter
lack of people, whereas the Smokies induce the lines and crowds, much like
Disney.  I can be gone 3 days and never see another soul--very refreshing!  I
built a Statewide reputation in the substance abuse prevention arena as a
Wilderness leader (of kids) and people in conversation would refer to this
trail or that trail in the Smokies.  I would have to tell them that I really
didn't know the Smokies and hadn't hiked a trail there since the '70's.  Now
that I have told everyone about Big South Fork, I will, of course, have to
kill you all.  <G>

--David C.