Re: Paint and Chrome

To: pauld@ekpc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint and Chrome
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:44:06 EDT
In a message dated 09/18/2001 8:14:08 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
pauld@ekpc.com writes:

> This car is actually a Midget and I have no experience with dealing
> with the chrome trim strips.  I know that Uncle Frank will suggest
> that I avoid going to Moss.  If that is the recommendation, where do
> I go to get these parts?  I do have a local chrome plating shop that
> does good work.  So, if any one has this stuff for sale, I would be
> interested.  The owner did tell me that he has the most important
> piece - the hood (bonnet) strip.  Is this unavailable?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Paul, I understand the hood strips an unobtanium...so hang onto it!  I'd shop
the paint job.  Even the Earl Shieb and Macco jobs can be decent with enough
prep.  If you can't do this yourself, then paying them even quadruple the
normal charge has got to be way less than $5K.

I'd paint it any color you want, and the white with a red interior sounds
like a winner to me.  Like you said, it's not going to be concors (however
you spell that...)
Do what you like and enjoy it!

Regards,

Robert Houston
...there is no glory in dying for your country.  The glory is in making the
other guy die for his!  G. Patton